I think I might like to be a dolphin trainer at Sea World. Dolphins seem like much more agreeable creatures than children. Dolphins are a heck of lot cuter, too. And they can't talk back to you or go off and do drugs or get into car accidents or not do their homework. You don't have to kick them off of Zelda during lab time every five minutes (God bless you, LanSchool). Yeah, I think dolphin trainers have got a good deal. They're probably paid more than teachers to boot.
I shouldn't complain about teaching so much. I've got an excellent situation right now--my fellow student teachers at other high schools have six classes a day, and I only have two. TWO! That's only 56 students! And out of those 56 students, only one (possibly two) is a jerk to my face. Little brat... The rest of my kids are respectful, and quite a few are responsive. Kids are awesome, except when they're not. Teaching is a great job, but it's like all other jobs. Some days are good, some days...aren't.
I think I'm going to do a lot of ranting on this blog. I need to be courteous and stop scaring my roommate, who will be student teaching this Fall, with all my horror stories from school.
Speaking of school, I need to plan tomorrow's lesson now...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment