In 2008 I started teaching. Student teaching with BYU plus real-job teaching. Worst year of my life, period. I also uprooted myself from the BYU bubble and moved to a new city for my new job--no family, no friends, no nothing. It was a rough beginning for an introvert like me. There were also a few other random occurrences that just made 2008 an unpleasant year.
In 2009, I started getting the hang of teaching. I settled into my new city and finally started making friends. I started my official second year of teaching, and I have loved it. I love my kids, I love my subjects, I hate my district, I love my school. It's been great so far. I feel better about myself, finally. LIFE IS GOOD.
I hope 2010 will be as good or even better than 2009. I'm moving, AGAIN, but to my own place. That's exciting. I'll be getting into my 3rd year of teaching, and hopefully will be an even better teacher. My sister is moving away, and that sucks, but then that's one more place to visit during the summer, I guess. Other than those few things...I'm not even going to attempt to guess at what's coming. A professor at BYU once told me, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him all your plans." When I go back and look at old journals, where I wrote about where I'd be in 5 years, what my husband would be like blah blah blah...HAH. None of that has happened. I've decided to stop waiting for "stuff" to happen and just live my life. What happens, happens and I'll love it either way. Life is much happier if you can manage to be optimistic about it, so that's my New Year's resolution.
It's been a great year. Here's hoping another great one is on it's way!
No comments:
Post a Comment