Friday, March 29, 2013

Marshmallow Madness

Not to be confused with March Madness. This is way better!
A few months ago, Mom bought this book:

Every time I visit, we make a couple batches. We started with:
Salted Caramel Swirl
Deeply Chocolate

The caramel ones were AMAZING. The chocolate ones were good at first, but they kept...oozing some kind of liquid and we re-dusted them so much they tasted more like powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Not all that great. Next visit, we tried these ones:
Key Lime Pie
Honeyed Apricot

They were both pretty good, although the Apricot recipe tasted too much like honey. Next time, we'll try just Karo Syrup instead of the honey. I think the lime ones needed to be more limey. Still, they were tasty! This weekend is my Spring Break, so I'm back and we continued our quest for delicious marshmallows. This time, we came up with our own creation (sort of):
Pumpkin Cheesecake Marshmallows!!! The pumpkin layer came from the marshmallow book, and then we found this recipe for cream cheese marshmallows. They turned out sooooo yummy--especially the cream cheese layer. I took the opportunity to try out my new Macro Lens:
Don't those look delicious?

No comments: