Sunday, August 10, 2008

Moving House

After 4 years of living with 5 other girls in a stinky tiny apartment...I've finally upgraded. I figure I deserve it for graduating and getting a real job. :) Now I live with only 2 other girls--in a house!! I have my own room, and plenty room to move around. I live three miles from my job, my roommate has a very sweet pet schnauzer, we're neighbors with a bunch of cute little kids, and I have a brand new (comfy!) bed. This is the life!


It's taking some getting used to, though. For instance, it's been a long time since I've been neighbors with very young children. The other day when I got home from work, the doorbell started ringing incessantly. I opened the door, and there was a 2 (3?) year-old kid. I put on the charm:

"Hi! What's your name? ~big smile~"

The kid just stares at me, unsmiling, and then lifts up a water bottle and sprays me with it.

"Umm...ha ha, you got me! Where's your Mom?"

More blank staring. And spraying.

"Ummmm.... ~strained smile~"

Spray spray spray.

"Well, I'm going inside now. Bye bye!"

And so, my front somewhat soaked, I went back inside and closed the door. And sulked. Maybe I don't know how to handle toddlers anymore? I blame everything on the fact that I'd just got back from this classroom management inservice at my school, and I was feeling a little overwhelmed. My new roommate came home a couple hours later and we laughed about the whole situation. Then the toddler and his entire family visited again and claimed me for their own. So it's all good now. What funny kids. :)

And here it is, my new niche. I like it a lot.

I'm all set for my next great adventure! Oh boy...

3 comments:

TheBenandKaties said...

Wow, it looks messy already!

lindsey said...

But of course! Would it be any other way? :) I have too much junk...

The Ainas said...

Yay how exciting for you! :)