1. Students who really really frustrate me
2. Montage videos at funerals
3. Dead animals
4. Saying goodbye
5. "Land Before Time," when Little Foot's mom dies. :(
6. Depression
7. An assortment of other random things, depending on the time of month
Today, I NEARLY cried at Stake Conference because something about the closing hymn really touched me. It was "I am a Child of God," with the Primary choir singing the first verse and the congregation joining in for the 2nd and 3rd verses. There was also a lady playing the descant on the flute. The Primary kids actually sang the first verse twice--first in Spanish (I think), second in English. And the second those kids started singing and I realized they weren't singing in English, I started going wobbly. And I can't really put into words why. It's just one of those things, that makes perfect sense in your head/heart, but when you try to explain it, everyone thinks you're crazy. Oh well. Whether or not it makes sense to anyone else, it's moments like today that really reaffirm to me that I'm in the right place, and that what I believe really is true. Maybe it's not scientific proof, but it's enough for me.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment