Sunday, February 7, 2010

Counting Sheep Never Works

I have insomnia sometimes. Maybe more than sometimes. Usually I just wake up three or four times during the night, or I wake up too early...every now and then I can't fall asleep. It's nearly midnight, on a SCHOOL night (I'm going to have to get up in approximately 5 hours and 45 minutes), and I'm still awake. I don't think I've been awake this late in ages.

Anyway. I think my brain is to blame this time around. I'm thinking too much. I'm thinking about parent-teacher conferences, rearranging my office at work, music, Enrichment meeting in March, visiting my parents next weekend and possibly the weekend after parent teacher conferences, summer vacation, stupid boys, the next project I want to do in my apartment, etc and etc. I don't know how else to make my brain quiet down, so I thought I'd better take a break from TRYING to sleep and be awake for a little longer. Maybe I should try reading next.

1 comment:

TheBenandKaties said...

sometimes if I can't get to sleep I go through the ABC book.

Big A
little A
What begins with A?
Aunt Annie's alligator.
A A A

I'll let you figure out the rest. Katie says that it doesn't work, but I'm convinced that it does.