There's my preface. Today, I was walking back to my room after lunch and was about to go out the door from the main hall to sneak into my classroom. As I was reaching for the door, I saw several x-students of mine causing trouble. I.E., knocking over a trash can and making off with the lid. What he planned to do with it, I have no idea. The windows to the door are tinted, so he was pretty surprised when he burst through and came face to face with my raised eyebrows. Not terribly intimidating, I realize, but you wouldn't think so based on the rate at which he corrected his behavior. "I was just putting this back Ms. M, some crazy kids knocked it over, I wasn't doing anything!" The kids run inside and I continue on my way to my classroom, where I sat down and just laughed. It's moments like that that I just really really REALLY love my job.
And then I remember that it's Parent/Teacher Conference (night 2) tonight and I'm stuck here til 7:30. AGH.
A parent just came in and asked if I was the student teacher. That hasn't happened in a very long time, surprisingly. Nearly 24, and I still look like a middle schooler. Go me!
1 comment:
Hey, me too. I still get looks for having a kid. :)
Post a Comment