Friday, May 7, 2010

...le tired

May is one of the hardest months of the year. My 2nd year of teaching blurred past--have no idea where it went. Now that I'm on the home stretch...I'm burning out. I'm losing all motivation to be a decent teacher. I'm losing all motivation to do ANYTHING. I need vacation. Now.

Your third year of teaching is supposed to be great. Lots of teachers I know say so. But I have a dark, pessimistic feeling that mine is going to suck. Why, you ask? Well, next year we'll be short one CTE teacher. Therefore, I will be splitting CTE Careers and CTE Tech with my neighboring teacher. I will also still teach keyboarding, Tech 1 and 2, so I'm going to have FIVE preps. And not only that...there's a very good chance I will be teaching 7 periods because we don't have enough keyboarding classes to cover all our 8th graders. I'll get more money, but...NO PREP PERIOD. When I'm supposed to be preparing for FIVE classes. One class of which I have NEVER TAUGHT BEFORE. I LIKE TO USE ALL CAPS.

But at least I have the whole summer to recuperate. I am so excited for summer!! I don't get to travel as much because I have too many teaching conferences and training thingies breaking it up and plane tickets are freaking expensive, but I am going to Minnesota! Mall of America apparently has it's own water park. Crazy? Yep. I'm excited.

No comments: