Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 2, Year 4

Seriously, I can't believe I'm on my fourth year of this. I didn't dread going back nearly as much as I have in the past, which is a good sign. (Although it may just have been because I really needed a distraction) My schedule is wonderful. I don't know how I survived last year without a free period. I have Tech, Engineering, CTE, free period, CTE, lunch, CTE, Tech. I love LOVE loooooove having 4th period off! So far, so good.

I do have a ceiling leak in the middle of my computer lab. That is not so good. It started dripping in the middle of 7th period, making loud plunking noises in the buckets I have below the leak, and I trailed off whatever I was saying to my kids and just stared at it for like 30 seconds. I think my brain is still a little broken from last year. :)

I got carried away decorating my room this year. I started going to work two weeks before we actually had to go back, and my room has never looked better! On the cutesy side, I think, but oh well. I must not have a life or something.




The lip balm picture is something I got from my Tech and Engineering conference this summer and I'm going to do it with my 7th graders as a manufacturing project. I made an experimental batch to pass out to kids and parents at Back to School night. It was a big hit, and I'm hoping to draw a little more estrogen into my electives...I'm getting tired of teaching mostly boys.

Anyway. I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: