Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ADD Strikes Again

So I've been going back to work for about a week now. I don't actually HAVE to go until next Tuesday, but when you're...me...you go back early. I had my work cut out for me--last week I had to completely re-do my computer lab. I had to stretch it out a little so my Engineering students will have room to work on Ficshertechnik/Robo Pro stuff by the computers. Then I had desks and carts and such to arrange. This week, I have a long list of things I really need to get done:
  • Fix my bulletin boards
  • Plan out my three classes
  • Finish my class website
  • Get my new disclosure document to my principal
  • Find supplies
  • Buy supplies
  • Order supplies
  • Figure out this new-fangled CarveWright machine
  • Get software installed on all computers
  • Figure out new first-day activities
  • Change my address with the main office
  • Get my school computer back from the tech guys
  • Test run my new lip balm project
  • Test run a few other new project ideas
  • Etc.
Yesterday was spent entirely designing a new bulletin board for the back of my room--I spent FIVE HOURS in front of the TV yesterday cutting out letters. I've spent most of today putting that bulletin board up and I'm pretty happy with it:

So then I was ready to settle in and start on something new, like maybe the other bulletin boards in the room. Then I got distracted by two things--a broken tower in the corner, and the third newspaper dome leftover from two years ago. Inspiration struck. Maybe I've been watching too much Cake Boss.

It's gonna be a tree when I'm done. :)

4 comments:

The Ainas said...

ha! :) I bet your classroom is really cool!

TheBenandKaties said...

I'm excited to see the tree! And, sounds like you need a Cricut.

TheBenandKaties said...

I'm pretty sure the moon landing was faked.

lindsey said...

How pessimistic!