Friday, April 25, 2008

Everything that can go wrong...

So I graduated form BYU today. It was eventful. Here's what happened:

6:10 am. Alarm goes off. I roll out of bed and get dressed. Chat with roommate. Pile all my junk from under the bed onto the bed so carpet guys can clean the carpets.

6:50 am. Rush out the door, hop into my car and take off to the Provo Tabernacle for graduation.

6:51 am. Cell phone starts vibrating. By the time I fish it out of my purse, it's too late. I listen to the message left by my darling roommate:

"Blah blah, Your front left tire is completely flat blah blah We love you, Lindsey, have fun!"

6:52 am: Commence freaking out. Park car on Center St, look at front tire, freak out some more. Call Mommy and Daddy so they can save the day.

7:00-8:00 am. Stand around in the freezing cold waiting to walk in to graduation. Dad shows up and I give him my keys so he can fix my car.

8:00-9:00 am. Graduation. See Mom and sister in audience; Dad nowhere in sight. Commence worrying:

Oh gee, he's out there fixing my car...oh well, he'd rather fix a car than listen to boring speakers anyway...

9:00-9:30 am. Dad appears right in time to snap a picture of me with my entire major. Tells me his adventure in taking off the flat tire, which involved bashing it with a crowbar (the tire was rusted on). Starts looking for my car keys and cannot locate them. Runs off back to my car. Mom and sister appear, we talk to my professors, take pictures. Dad comes back and informs me that he locked my keys inside my car. Commence freaking out.

9:30-9:45 am. Sister drives me to apartment where I discover my door is locked. More freaking out. Call darling roommate, who rushes home to let me in (my keys--all of them--are locked in my car, remember). I locate the spare car key and rush back to Mom, Dad and my car.

9:45-10:00. Dad and I go to the 7-11 to use the air pump. We discover that 3 minutes of air pumpage costs 75 cents.

Dad: "75 cents?! (*&%@)*#$#*&!&!!!"

Nice man lends us a quarter and helps check the rest of my tires.

We finally got back to my sister's apartment at around ten. By this time, I was completely exhausted from freaking out so much. Oh brother... We went to my sister's graduation next. It wasn't nearly as stressful. Whew.

So, kids, here's the take home message of the day: Never forget to check your tires for air and/or flatness. Or else.

So yeah, I graduated. Weird.

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

Sounds fun! ;) But hey, it's over!