Monday, September 15, 2008

PS Maybe just avoid water-bottle rockets altogether

It's not a good idea to let a class of 22 boys go outside ahead of you with all the equipment, especially if they're over-eager (ALWAYS) and you haven't explained the rocket launcher several times.

When I got out there, they'd already put the rocket on the launcher and were pumping it full of air. I immediately noticed three problems: 1) the rocket wasn't on the launcher all the way. 2) the rocket wasn't being held down by ANYTHING. 3) everyone was crowded around launcher. Bad. Idea. So I ran over and shooed everyone away, yelled at my over-enthusiastic bike pumpers to quit pumping, and tried to fix the rocket. The stupid kids kept pumping and the rocket took off in my hands. It wasn't TOO full of air pressure so I didn't get hurt...I just got wet. It is also a good idea to wear jeans on rocket-launching day.

I was already in a bad mood; by the time the bell rang, I was ready to explode. Thank goodness I had my lovely, quiet keyboarding class right after. I needed a time out BAD.

No comments: