Monday, June 14, 2010

Deep Thoughts

Feelings are dang inconvenient. If people could control how they felt, I think the world would be a more peaceful place than it is. Feelings cause bouts of temporary insanity, crimes of passion, depression, and so on. Feelings can make you miserable if you let them, and it's kind of hard to NOT let them.

But feelings are also what make life so great. There is nothing more wonderful than feeling love for another person. Joy, excitement, love, enthusiasm...all great things to feel. Without feelings, life would suck. Or maybe not...maybe we wouldn't even realize what we were missing.

I'm okay with having feelings, I guess. But I wish feelings would listen to logic. I can argue with myself all the day long and use the most incriminating evidence, and yet I can't stop feeling what I don't want to feel. It's been over 5 months. I should be totally over and done with this, but I have a slightly obsessive nature and I apparently haven't obsessed enough. It's getting old, and my head is ready to move on to more important thoughts.

Too bad I've always been more inclined to go with what I feel, rather than what I think.

@$(*&$*)#~*&$(!!

On a random side note, I have discovered a recycling dumpster on the premises of my apartment complex. When I moved into my apartment and lost the convenient recycling bin that all houses have, I tried and failed to find a recycling center in my city. Therefore I suffered feelings of guilt every time I had to throw out something I could have recycled. I am so relieved I get to recycle again!!

2 comments:

TheBenandKaties said...

Don't worry Lindsey. You just need a new focus for your feelings. I'm working on it...!!

Saule Cogneur said...

It took me a year to get over Cristina, and despite my deepest efforts, Krisanne will probably take just as long.

Cut yourself some slack. Being miserable is part of the healing process, and it DOES end eventually.