I'm not sure how it happened, but my summer got really busy. Between conferences and classes and workshops for work and trips to various family members, I don't have much time to sit around and get bored. Which is a good thing, because I can only handle about a week of that.
My first vacation was a road trip to Minneapolis to help my sister move. We drove her car and a Uhaul, and made it after 1 1/2 days of driving. Junk food, book on tape, rain and thunder and lightning, hotel bed-made-of-springboard, green, bugs, Minneapolis!
The first two days were spent primarily dragging boxes up 4 stories to my sister's apartment, building furniture, and trying to figure out which boxes contained the essentials. We also made several trips to the Mall of America, which is so huge it has it's own Amusement Park at its core. Also a movie theater (Toy Story 3 is excellent, btw), an aquarium, miniature golf, and just about every type of store you can imagine. Like the Lego Store, which features some fairly impressive displays, and the Sketchers store, which was a little disappointing in the sandals department (random aside about me: I own 5 pairs of Sketchers. Yikes!).
I didn't get to do much sight-seeing as I'd have liked, since we were all pretty beat from the move and the move-in. Some things will have to wait for a later trip, I suppose. We had a great view of the Minneapolis skyline from the apartment, and we walked around downtown my last day there. We went to a pretty cool sculpture garden--my favorites were the giant spoon and cherry fountain, and the grove of wind chime trees. And we ate Juicy Lucy's at the 5-8 Club. Hamburger filled with cheese, with Jojos (potato wedges) on the side. YUM.
Coming Soon: Vacation part 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment