It's true. I've been there.
Tomorrow is the last day of the semester. They've spent four months wearing me down, I'm sick, and I have a million papers to grade and lessons to write...so I'm going to let them have their way for once. They're good as gold if I let them play on the computers and leave them alone. Usually.
Every day this week has been a bad day. True, it's mostly due to my nearly infamous 3rd period (all the other teachers know why I grimace when I mention it), but still. I'll usually come home happy AT LEAST once a week. One of my 9th graders is transferring to another school next quarter--I believe it's mainly for kids with serious behavior problems. Therefore, he came in Monday ready to live up his last week at school. Mainly, he tried to drive me crazy. ..or crazier, at least.
I know I sound ridiculous and dramatic up there, but I'm so exhausted and feel like the worst teacher in the world and I just want it to be over. At least my 7th graders like me. They won't turn into jerks until next year, when they're 8th graders. XP
Anyway. Tomorrow will truly be a momentous occasion. Even though I am teaching in UTAH and I probably don't know the real meaning of "delinquent," I'm pretty excited to have survived a whole semester of "real" teaching. If you count my student teaching (and I don't--student teaching is totally different and a lot easier than this), I've been teaching for a year. I feel very accomplished.
And I really, REALLY hope that next semester goes better than this one did.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope next semester goes better for you too!!! :)
Post a Comment